Fall 2023 COVID Vaccine
LaSalle County Health Department is working to secure the new Fall 2023 COVID vaccine. We are not taking appointments for COVID vaccine administration at this time.
Please note the following changes with this new vaccine:
- Medicare and Medicaid will cover the vaccine
- Not all private health insurances will cover the vaccine
- if you are wanting to get the vaccine, you need to contact your health insurance to see if they will cover the new COVID vaccine
- once you call your health insurance and find out that they will cover the new COVID vaccine, bring proof of such and we will bill your insurance, otherwise you will be required to cover the cost of the vaccine
- LaSalle County Health Department is participating in the IDPH Bridge Access Program
Stay tuned as we will update this website and release through normal media channels as vaccine is distributed and ready for administration.
If you are receiving your COVID-19 vaccine, you will need to review this information prior to your vaccination.
- Pfizer Patient Fact Sheet
- Moderna Patient Fact Sheet
- Johnson and Johnson's Janssen Patient Fact Sheet
- Prevaccination Checklist for COVID-19 Vaccines (Screening Questions) (PDF)
- What to Expect After Getting a COVID-19 Vaccination (PDF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Vaccines for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised People
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Talking with Patients Who Are Immunocompromised
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines Currently Authorized in the United States
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination - CDC (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean)
V-Safe After Vaccination Health Checker
Once you get a COVID-19 vaccine, you can enroll in v-safe. V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Through v-safe, you can quickly tell CDC if you have any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. To register visit V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker.
VaxText Second Dose Reminder
VaxText is a free text messaging platform that providers can offer to their patients. Patients can opt-in to conveniently receive text message reminders to get their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. VaxText offers the added benefit of reminding patients to sign up for v-safe, a tool that allows people to report adverse outcomes following vaccination