Healthier LaSalle County Logo Contest
Healthier LaSalle County Logo Contest
Opportunity for 9-12th Grade Students
WE NEED YOUR HELP – HELP US CREATE OUR LOGO!
Healthier LaSalle County is a new collaborative county effort with representation from a variety of health and social service organizations who have come together to implement and promote activities to help improve the health and wellness of LaSalle County. Healthier LaSalle County currently focuses on three priority areas:
- Healthy Behaviors (Activity and Nutrition/Health Eating)
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health and Substance Use)
- Healthy Aging
Healthier LaSalle County wants to encourage our citizens to take steps, big or small, to live healthier. Healthier LaSalle County wants to create awareness of activities in our area that are available to help us find balance in our everyday lives – physically, mentally, and socially.
We make hundreds of decisions every day, and we make most of them without thinking. Small steps pave the way for change:
Park further away and walk a few extra steps to your destination.
Eat one extra fruit or vegetable a day.
Join a support group.
Take a 10-minute walk.
Learn to read food labels.
Get enough sleep.
Take time to relax.
Healthier LaSalle County is looking for a logo that will identify the committee and their priority areas. The new logo may be used on the Healthier LaSalle County webpage, social media sites, business cards, letterhead, posters, promotional items, or anywhere else Healthier LaSalle County chooses. Below please find the official requirements and rules of the logo contest. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility.
The logo contest is open to all students in 9th-12th grades.
Submission Guidelines and How to Enter:
- The contest is open from September 11, 2023 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on December 1, 2023.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each logo must have an entry form completed and emailed as an attachment with the logo submission.
- One or more submissions per person is acceptable. Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
Logo Design Guidelines and Parameters:
- All information and spelling on the logo are correct.
- The logo should incorporate the Healthier LaSalle County name.
- The logo must be appropriate for a professional business setting.
- Entries must be submitted as JPEG files (saved at least 300 dpi/1280 pixels at the widest or tallest part of the logo.
- Logo must be in color. Avoid gradients and half-tones.
- The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
- Copyrighted characters, product logos and trademarked or brand names cannot be used.
- Keep the design simple so it’s easily readable; avoid too much detail in any imagery
- Avoid using too many colors: 3 maximum
- Have fun!
Determination of Winner and Prize:
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel comprised of Healthier LaSalle County committee members.
- Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
- The Healthier LaSalle County judging committee will vote and a winner will be notified mid- January, 2024.
- The winner will be notified via phone and recognized on the Healthier LaSalle County webpage.
- The prize for the winning logo is a 3-month membership to a local YMCA. Thank you to Ottawa,
Streator, Mendota, and the Illinois Valley YMCA’s for making this possible!
Thank you for your time and interest! For additional questions, please contact, Jenny Barrie or Leslie Dougherty at the LaSalle County Health Department at 815-433-3366. Good Luck!!