|LICENSES/FEES | ELECTIONS/VOTING | RECORD SEARCH FORMS | BOARD DISTRICTS/PRECINCTS | OFFICIALS | TAX RATES|
FILING ASSUMED NAME CERTIFICATES
- Applicant or attorney representative completes two (2) copies of each of the Assumed Name Certificates and Assumed Name Intention and has them notarized.
- He will then forward in person or by mail both certificates and both intentions with a filing fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) to this office.
- The documents are certified, a receipt for the filing fee is issued, and one copy of the Assumed Name Intention is given to the applicant.
- Notice of the filing of such certificate shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation published within LaSalle County. Such notice shall be published once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks. The first publication shall be within fifteen (15) days after the certificate was filed in the office of the County Clerk. The applicant is responsible for taking the publication notice to the newspaper following filing with the County Clerk
- The publication must contain the Exact Date your certificate was accepted for filing in the office of the County Clerk.
- After such publication, the paper will issue a “Certificate of Publication” which is returned to this office by mail or in person, within fifty (50) days from the filing of the The applicant is responsible for returning the certificate of publication to this office. Unless proof of publication is made, the original Assumed Name filing is void.
- The applicant is then issued a certified copy of the Assumed Name Certificate and a receipt for the proof of publication. The Assumed Name is then issued a number and entered into the LaSalle County Assumed Name
(Revised November 2018)